Category "Marketing" Episodes:
- Coming on Friday: A NEW Episode!
- You've all waited a long time, but the show will be back with a new episode on Friday, June 27, 2014. This will be a special episode, because it marks a change for the show, as I shift away from my own opinions and focus on the opinions of the people I interview.
This first one is a discussion with a sales and marketing director for the largest international data compiler for the foodservice industry. We talk about data collection, trade shows, and his favorite, semi-secret hobby. Stay tuned!
- Potential Interviewees
- Hey, everybody! I'm looking for people to be interviewed over Skype. Email or call me:
- email@example.com, or
I'm tossing around the idea of making this a 5-times-a-week show, but need to make sure there are enough people to keep it going indefinitely. So, if you'd like to be interviewed, or if you have a person to suggest, please do so!
- Where am I?
- Hello, everyone! I'm sorry it's been so long since you've heard from me. The show's getting a needed re-tooling so that we can get on a more regular schedule. I was planning on releasing at least one episode in May, but the interview I had lined up had to be postponed until June.
So get ready; there are great things on the horizon! Until then, keep the marketing ideas coming. I love to hear ideas that people have for topics. Or, if you know someone - including yourself - that would be a great guest for the show, feel free to email me at:
- Food to Dye for!
- 80% of ALL products sold in the USA have yellow dye #5 in them. How can marketers deal with the current backlash against the use of this dye, especially in food products?
Also, three food trends for 2013 that deal with alternative food choices in the fast casual dining segment.
- Listen on Stitcher!
- If you use the Stitcher mobile app, you can now add Food Marketing Podcast to a playlist in the app. Or, click here: http://stitcher.com/s?fid=31290&refid=stpr.
Remember, Episode #4 will drop sometime after January 7th. Sorry, but I'm still out of town!
Also, go to http://www.facebook.com/FoodMarketingPodcast and answer my New Years question about your favorite food marketing campaign from 2012.
- Happy New Year's Eve!
- Most people wait until the new year so they can wish everyone good tidings for the upcoming, and hopefully prosperous, year. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who's subscribed and continued listening to the show! It's been an interesting year full of ups and downs, but they lead to the point where I could start this show, so I'm grateful for them all!
While I'm sharing, my Kicking Lizard Salsa business has had a bit of the hiccups over the past few months, with our mid-summer manufacturing changes, but things are looking up again, so I'm content for now to see where that'll go. As a quick business lesson, did you all know that grocery chains only review certain types of products at certain times of the year? We had no idea; we assumed that if there was an awesome product, companies would be chomping at the bit to try it! They're waiting, so, right now, we have to wait, too.
Does anyone else have an interesting lesson that they gleaned during the year 2012 that they'd like to share? Please, leave a comment and share with everyone!
Here's to 2012!
- The Holidays are here again!
- Hello, everyone. Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to you all. I wanted to write quickly to let everyone know that since I'll be out of town for the next two weeks, there won't be a new Food Marketing Podcast episode until sometime the week of January 7th. Sorry!